NEW YORK, NY, Jul 19, 2013 (Marketwired) — Brock Fiduciary Services recently hosted a panel titled “Pension De-Risking Transactions in Today’s Low Interest Rate Environment” at the Century Association. This distinguished panel was led by Abhishek Mathur, Senior Vice President at Brock, and included the following:
- David Hartman, General Counsel and Vice President, General Motors Asset Management
- Ari Jacobs, Senior Partner and Global Retirement Solutions Leader, Aon Hewitt
- Caitlin Long, Managing Director and Head of Corporate Strategies Group and Pension Solutions Group, Morgan Stanley
- Evan Miller, Partner and Practice Leader of Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group, Jones Day
- Michael Moloney, Partner in the Insurance Practice, Oliver Wyman
The panel was attended by approximately a hundred individuals from corporate pension plans, leading law firms, pension and actuarial consulting firms, Wall Street investment banks, and insurance companies. The topics included a discussion of the recent Verizon and General Motors pension risk transfer transactions, the role of a fiduciary in such transactions, and trends in this industry as interest rates increase and insurance companies create new annuity products designed to meet the Department of Labor’s safest available annuity standard.
About Brock Fiduciary Services
Brock Fiduciary Services is an independent fiduciary that is currently managing over $21 billion of assets. Brock has full discretionary control to manage the UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust’s interests in General Motors’ common stock, warrants, and preferred stock; and interests in Chrysler’s equity and unsecured debt. Recently, Brock helped AT&T design a preferred security in connection with a $9.5 billion planned contribution to its pension plan that is currently pending before the Department of Labor, and Brock will continue as the fiduciary and investment manager over these securities once contributed to AT&T’s pension plan.
Additional information about Brock and the services provided by Brock is available at http://192.168.0.11/brockcapital/independent-fiduciary.
Brock Fiduciary Services
Senior Vice President
212.209.3000 Ext. 444